Need help with illustration or graphic design?
Would you like me to contact you?
Visit my portfolio and see if anything suits your needs.
Who am I?
Visit the About page and learn more about me.
I'm open for commissions
My name is Maja Cronert and I'm a freelance illustrator and graphic designer based in Lund, Sweden. I’m open for commissions and collaborations, whether it be commercial illustration, editorial illustration, book covers, branding or packaging design, visual content like infographics or graphics and animations for e-learning etc. I work worldwide.
Hang out with me on social media.
Sign up for my newsletter.
Frequently asked questions
Can't find the answer to what you're looking for? Use the contact form above and reach out to me, or send me an e-mail.
How does commissioning illustration work?
The process for commissioning artwork differs depending on the situation. I usually follow the steps below when working with commissions.
Process of commissioning illustration work
- Initial inquiry
You contact me with your needs.
We discuss the project, exchange ideas and I ask you some questions.
I send you a brief to make sure we're on the same page.
- Quote and terms
I then send you a quote with the budget I propose for the project along with terms and conditions.
Once the project has been agreed upon, I send you sketches or rough illustrations for you to give feedback and further direction on.
- Final artwork
After I've received your feedback, I create the final artwork. At this point, I can only make small changes.
Once the artwork is complete, I'll deliver the files you need by e-mail.
After I've delivered your files, I'll send you the final invoice.
What do I need to think about when sending an inquiry?
Prior to contacting me with an inquiry, think through your needs. The more details, the better. But if these thoughts are overwhelming, don't worry. We will discuss it together.
The initial inquiry
- Where do you want to use your illustrations and for what? Do you need them for a website, a book cover or an ad campaign?
- Do you like a specific style? You're welcome to share any reference images and moodboards with me.
- How many illustrations do you need?
- Do you need a specific compostion or size?
- Do you want to use a particular concept, metaphor or elements (colours, objects, etc) in your illustration?
- What's your deadline? A rough estimate is fine.
What prices are there?
Fees for illustration depends on a lot of factors. Simplified, the two main factors affecting the price are the time it takes to create an illustration and the usage and rights needed.
Pricing criteria for illustration
The time it takes to create an illustration depends on the complexity of the artwork, the size, the amount of detail, colors etc. It will also be more costly the more corrections I have to do. Before I start working, I'll estimate the time it takes to create your illustrations based on the brief.
- Usage and rights
Illustrations cost more the more they will be shown and the longer they will be used for. When estimating the price, things that are taken into consideration are for example what size the edition of the magazine or book is, the size of the website's audience or for how long the campaign will run.
Do you sign contracts?
An accepted quote makes for a legally binding contract. My terms and conditions are industry standard and based on agreement templates recommended by Svenska Tecknare, The association of Swedish illustrators and graphic designers. If you want to extend the usage for an illustration or otherwise change the agreed upon terms, don't hesitate to get in touch with me and we'll discuss it.
What kind of illustration work do you do?
I'm kind of a jack of all trades illustrator and graphic designer and will be able to help you out with most of your needs. Below you find examples of illustration work and design services that I offer.
- Commercial illustration
- Editorial illustration
- Book covers
- Branding and packaging design
- Visual content like infographics
- Graphics for e-learning
- Simple animations
- Design and layout for books, brochures etc
- Vectorization of logos
- Simple web design
What is your illustration style?
I mostly work vector based in Illustrator and with digital painting in Photoshop and Procreate. I love to combine organic and graphic shapes, using bright block colors and a limited color palette. My strength lies in a decorative and modern expression, a strong sense of color and an eye for details. I strive towards creating beautiful and interesting images and I'm the happiest when I get to work with committed people and compelling ideas. Visit my portfolio and see if anything suits your needs.
What is your background?
I began my working career as a physiotherapist, but have since childhood had a passion for drawing and illustration. For years, I filled my free time with smaller freelance projects and took a wide range of courses within the field of visual communication, just for the fun of it. In 2021, I realised I wanted to illustrate more and decided it was time to up my game. I started studying illustration at Berghs School of Communication, and it turned out to be just what I needed at the time. In June 2021, my new portfolio website was ready and I'm looking forward to many future illustration projects.
What have you studied?
I've taken a wide range of courses within the field of visual communication. Below you find a selection.
Selection of courses
- Illustration, Berghs School of Communication
- Visual communication, Beckmans akademi
- Sketching and visualization techniques in design, University of Gothenburg
- Graphic production, Högskolan Halmstad
- Graphic design: In-depth print, Kristianstad University
- Typography, shape and graphic tools, Linnéuniversitetet
- Graphic design history, Mittuniversitetet
- Visual identity from a sustainable perspective, Linnéuniversitetet
- Project management, Linnéuniversitetet
- Graphic design print intermediate, Kristianstad Högskola
- Animation in After Effects, Jönköping University
- Video editing in Premiere Pro, Jönköping University
- Social media in theory and practice, Jönköping University
- Storytelling, Linnéuniversitetet
- The Computer in Art, Armstrong Atlantic State University
- Publication Design, Armstrong Atlantic State University
- Freelance writing and publishing, Armstrong Atlantic State University
- Communication, Armstrong Atlantic State University
- Market communication, Mittuniversitetet
- Marketing psychology and influence, Lunds universitet
Can I use your work for my projects?
You may not use my illustrations without my permission. Contact me if you have any questions regarding usage of illustrations. In case you run a totally non-commercial blog or social media account, you may publish my work if you credit me with my full name and link back to my web site.